We are proud to offer a full and extensive range of Prime virgin mineral filled masterbatches, compounds and additives for many moulding and extrusion applications in PP, PE and PS.
The masterbatch range
This range of masterbatches is manufactured for the addition to prime virgin polymers for varying reasons of cost reduction, impact resistance, improved stiffness and much more. The range extends to varying degrees of mineral content from 40 – 85 % dependant on the mineral.
Specific tailor made products can also be manufactured upon request based upon MOQ factory production runs. The mineral fillers available are and not limited to, Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3), with blend ratios upto 50% and more environmentally friendly.
|PRODUCTS||POLYMER BASE||FILLER / REINFORCEMENT||LOADING PERCENTAGE||DESCRIPTION||APPLICATION||REQUEST|
|GEMAPILEN FK||PolyPropylene Homo||CALCIUM CARBONATE||40% - 85%||High mixture rates and reduced costs||Extrusion and Thermoforming||Request|
|GEMAPILEN EK||PolyPropylene Homo|
|CALCIUM CARBONATE||40% - 80%||Increased rigidity, improved impact strength even at low temperatures, reduced material costs||Injection moulding||Request|
|GEMAPILEN BK||PolyPropylene Homo||CALCIUM CARBONATE||40% - 80%||Lower material costs and increased rigidity||Pipe extrusions and Thermoforming||Request|
|GEMATILEN BKHD||PolyEthylene HD||CALCIUM CARBONATE||40% - 85%||Low cost, improved mechanical properties and increase in rigidity||Extrusion, Blow moulding, Thermoforming and Injection||Request|
|GEMATILEN FK||PolyEthylene LLD||CALCIUM CARBONATE||40% - 85%||Low costs and high mixture rates||Extrusion, Blow moulding, Thermoforming and Film blowing||Request|
|GEMASTIREN FK||PolyStyrene HI||CALCIUM CARBONATE||40% - 70%||Low costs and high mixture rates||Extrusion, Thermoforming and Injection||Request|
The compound range
The compound range of prime polymers are direct injection moulding or extrusion compounds, suitable for many varying demanding applications that normal Polyolefins are not quite able to meet.
Perhaps it’s a high impact Talc grade for automotive or a high tensile glass filled grade for appliances or construction applications, we should have a solution that would fit your requirements.
|PRODUCTS||POLYMER BASE||FILLER / REINFORCEMENT||LOADING PERCENTAGE||DESCRIPTION||REQUEST|
|GEMAPILEN BRC GF||PolyPropylene Random Copo||GLASS FIBER||5% - 40%||Multi-Layer composite pipe applications, excellent impact resistance||Request|
|GEMAPILEN GF||PolyPropylene Homo|
|GLASS FIBER/ GLASS BEADS||5% - 40%||Injection moulding and extrusion applications, excellent mechanical values||Request|
|GEMAPILEN BKT||PolyPropylene Homo|
|TALCUM||5% - 65%||Reduced mould shrinkage, improved surface characteristics, quick heat dispersion and reduced warpage||Request|
|GEMAPILEN BS||PolyPropylene Homo|
|BARIUM SULFATE||5% - 70%||Injection moulding and extrusion applications, increased density / weight values||Request|
|GEMASTIREN BS||PS||BARIUM SULFATE||5% - 70%||Request|
The additive range
Masterbatches and compounds are fantastic modifiers against the normal straight Polyolefin resins but there may also be times when you may need that little bit extra or perhaps for an application that needs a different processability or result within the manufacturing process or as a finished product.
The additive range offers some solutions to be able to meet that demand of Polymer processing aids, slips, UVs, Flam retardants, heat stabilisers Oxy biodegradables etc.
Below are some of the advantages that Gema compounds can provide to production over and above cost savings
- Does not contain heavy metals and it has a high chemical purity, in turn this removes any catalytic impact that will cause polymer ageing or degradation
- Dependant on percentages used, producess an Opaque White colour reducing the consumption of expensive White Pigments
- Non abrasiveness due to the CaCO3 coated with sterate acid improving the lifetime of machine part
- It has good dispersion.
- It is appropriate for food because it is odourless, tasteless and non toxic. It can be used in food packaging
- Helps to reduce the shrinkage after cooling
- The specific surface area of the mineral additive does not absorb the lubricants and stabilisers or chemicals used in any formulation
- Increases hardness of the parts
- Increases impact strength and resistance against aging of the polymer (ESCR) Enviro Stress Crack Resistance
- Can improve surface quality of the finished product
- Potentially reducing the wall thickness slightly, while still retaining the strength and reducing Prime polymer consumption
- Improves adhesion of print or labels on products
- Heat distribution is improved though better thermal conductivity during processing
- Also cooling time is decreased through quicker heat dispersion after processing
- Food grade certification
- Helps to clean and clear blocked pockets, jets and areas of polymer build up and helps break down and flush stubborn polymer, keeping the system clean and clear at all times
- Anti blocking Behaviour
- 1.1 micron particle size used against alternative competitors
- 100% assurance of non migration from the polymer compound with the use of specialied high quality coupling agents to lock the CaCO3 into the polymer matrix like no other compound formulation
- Can increases MFI